We are happy to announce our 2017 C2PLA Co-Chairs. The men and women below have been voted to lead our coalition for the next 12 months.
Main Coaliton Co-Chairs
Joaquin Gutierrez - (Altamed)
Percival Pandy - (Black AIDS Institute)
Care & Testing Subcommittee
Stacy Alford - (Children's Hospital Los Angeles)
Homeless and Runaway Youth Subcommittee
Andre Molette - (LA LGBT Center)
Steven Campa - (APLA Health)
Tasha Wagner - (LA County Department of Public Health)
La Ricca Young - (St. John Well Child and Family Center)
Congratulations to you all and we look forward to an amazing year under your leadership!
On Friday we held our 9th Annual C2PLA Holiday Retreat. This year's theme, “C2PLA The Struggle Continues” provided a great opportunity to discuss various themes related to the coalition's future.
A great time was had by all and in addition to honoring several of our members both past and present we also developed the foundation for our 2017 strategic plan. Current members were gifted items from our new C2PLA swag line.
Additionally one of the most important part of Friday’s retreat was discussing the transition of leadership for our subcommittee and main co-chairs. To that end we are happy to announce that we have several candidates to fill these open seats.
Please click the link below to select your options for co-chairs no later than 5pm on Friday December 9th. The voting is 100% anonymous and you can vote as many times as you like. We look forward to announcing our new leadership next week.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScP-AMvcU7plwFJe7cKMm2z3vMYJmOtpBEEIqvxlsqfEhc_Fg/viewform?usp=send_form (2017 Co-chair nominees).
A special congratulations to all of our 2016 Key Actor Nominees and Winners. See full list below.
1. Visionary - Actively inspires “upriver ideas
Joaquin Gutierrez – Altamed
2. Strategist - Translates ideas into workable objectives and strategies
Stacy Alford- Children's Hospital Los Angeles
3. Actor - Completes planned/unplanned action steps
Erin Hart- Los Angeles County DHSP
4. Facilitator - Promotes open and effective dialogue
Sandra Rogers-LA County Department of Public Health
5. Content Expert - Provides expertise on particular issues
Ruth Dawson- ACLU of Southern California
6. Sustainer - Acquires funding and/or resources to sustain coalition activities
Paulina Zamudio-Los Angeles County DHSP
7. Broker - Negotiates and arranges the exchange of information or resources among
Thelma McClinton –Los Angeles County DPH
8. Mobilizer - Gets others directly involved in coalition activities
Juan Carmen –Children's Hospital Los Angeles
9. Organizer/Manager - Orchestrates coalition or subcommittee logistics
Joaquin Gutierrez – Altamed
10. Spokesperson - Effectively represents and speaks on behalf of the coalition
Grissel Granados-Children's Hospital Los Angeles